Frequently Asked Questions
- When do orders ship?
- We are currently shipping most orders within 0-1 business day(s) (Monday-Friday). Refer to the shipping date range estimates at checkout for the most accurate shipping times. Shipping time estimates on the checkout page are not guaranteed unless ordering an express shipping service. A tracking number will be automatically sent to your email or phone number when your order ships.
- Can I change or cancel an order?
- As long as we have not started processing/shipping it, we will gladly help you modify or cancel an order. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you ship to countries other than the US?
- We now ship to Canada, Mexico, Australia, Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, South Africa, and the United Kingdom! A shipping cost estimator is provided on your shopping cart page. Keep in mind that we are not responsible for tariffs or import duties. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com for additional product details.
Customers in other areas may email us to ask if we can ship to a country not located on the list above.
- Are your products animal tested?
- DIY Kit Creations has not ordered or performed any animal testing for any of our products or ingredients. We support the use of safer, in vitro lab testing for any required safety testing.
Lip Gloss Kit
- Why do the little plastic stoppers (wipers) keep falling out when I try to put the cap and wand on?
- The tubes are most likely a little overfilled. But it is OK! The stoppers are very susceptible to pressure inside of the tube if the tubes are overfilled to prevent messy breakages. The wands displace some of the gloss inside of the tubes when they are inserted. Our instructions sheets will say to stop gloss filling about 1/2 (half) of an inch from the silver ring.
Your tube can still be saved! All you need to do is carefully remove some of the lip gloss from the tube, then completely wipe off the stopper and wand with a dry paper towel, and try again! The stopper will stick down in place as soon as the pressure in the tube is low enough.
- What is the white mica powder for?
- The white mica is a very fine (matte) pigment powder that you can use alone or to lighten up and soften shades that are too dark.
- What is Versagel?
Versagel is a hydrocarbon gel frequently used in cosmetic blends as an emollient and moisturizer. It helps the skin retain water and the thick consistency helps hold and suspend fine mica powders.
- How do I clean up the Versagel?
There are a few ways to clean up Versagel. Start by wiping excess up with a dry paper towel. Rubbing alcohol can help break down any excess gel residue.
For excessively stubborn cleanups, we recommend first solubilizing (dissolving) the Versagel with a few drops of oil such as coconut, mineral, or castor oil to thin the gel out, then follow up with soap and warm water.
- Can I use other oils, scents, or flavorings in my blend?
- Absolutely, as long as they are safe for use on the skin and lips. Just keep in mind that it may take some trial and error. Generally speaking, the more you add, the greater the chance will be that the consistency will be compromised. For that reason we recommend working with little amounts at a time.
Adding certain oils can be tricky because of the molecular weights of the oils. We have found that castor oil works in small amounts. Jojoba oil also works well, though it can leave behind a slight, natural yellow tint.
Nail Polish Kit
- How many colors can the nail polish kit make?
- To put shortly, as many as you can imagine! There are 6 bottles and a set of primary colored pigments, plus white and black.
Contact us for additional help or inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org