Frequently Asked Questions
- What shipping options do you offer?
- Most orders are shipped via USPS, though sometimes we will offer UPS or FedEx. You will receive a list of options at checkout and can decide which is best for your needs. Most US customers can receive free 1-3 day shipping on DIY Lip Gloss kits, just select the free USPS Priority Mail option at checkout.
- When do orders ship?
- We are currently shipping orders within 0-1 business day(s) (Monday-Friday). Our cutoff time is 12:00pm Eastern Time, orders placed after 12pm will generally ship on the next business day. A tracking number will be automatically sent to your email or phone number when your order ships.
- Can I change or cancel an order?
- As long as we have not started processing/shipping it, we will gladly help you modify or cancel an order. Send us an email at email@example.com
- Do you ship to countries other than the US?
- We now ship to Canada! A shipping cost estimator is provided on your shopping cart page. Keep in mind that we are not responsible for tariffs or import duty. Unless otherwise specified, our kits and ingredients are from or made in the United States. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for product specific inquiries regarding duties.
Other customers are welcome to use a US-based forwarding address, but we are not responsible for any foreign shipping costs or tariffs/duties.
- Are your products animal tested?
- DIY Kit Creations has not ordered or performed any animal testing for any of our products or ingredients. We support the use of safer, in vitro lab testing for any required safety testing. Certain products, like carmine, are animal derived and are properly labeled on our site.
Lip Gloss Kit
- Why do the little plastic stoppers (wipers) keep falling out when I try to put the cap and wand on?
- To put shortly, the tubes are most likely a little overfilled. But it is OK! The stoppers are very susceptible to pressure inside of the tube if the tubes are overfilled. The wands have mass that displaces the air and gloss inside of the tubes when they are inserted. Our instructions sheets will say to stop gloss filling about 1/2" from the silver ring.
Your tube can still be saved! All you need to do is carefully remove some of the lip gloss from the tube, then completely wipe off the stopper and wand with a dry paper towel, and try again! The stopper will stick down in place as soon as the pressure in the tube is low enough.
- What is the white mica powder for?
- The white mica is a very fine (matte) pigment powder that you can use alone or to lighten up and soften shades that are too dark.
- What is Versagel?
Versagel is a hydrocarbon gel frequently used in cosmetic blends as an emollient and moisturizer. It helps the skin retain water and the thick consistency helps hold and suspend fine mica powders.
- How do I clean up the Versagel?
There are a few ways to clean up Versagel. Start by wiping excess up with a dry paper towel. Rubbing alcohol can help break down any excess gel residue.
For excessively stubborn cleanups, we recommend first solubilizing (dissolving) the Versagel with a few drops of oil such as coconut, mineral, or castor oil to thin the gel out, then follow up with soap and warm water.
- Can I use other oils, scents, or flavorings in my blend?
- Absolutely, as long as they are safe for use on the skin and lips. Just keep in mind that it may take some trial and error. Generally speaking, the more you add, the greater the chance will be that the consistency will be compromised. For that reason we recommend working with little amounts at a time.
Adding certain oils can be tricky because of the molecular weights of the oils. We have found that castor oil works in small amounts. Jojoba oil also works well, though it can leave behind a slight, natural yellow tint.
Contact us for additional help or inquiries: email@example.com